ECMACRYSTAL ADMIX 204
Crystalline waterproofing Additive for Concrete and Mortar
ECMA ADMIX 204 (integral crystalline waterproofing powder admix) is added to the concrete mix at the time of batching. ECMA ADMIX 204 consists of Portland cement, very fine treated silica sand and various active, proprietary chemicals. These active chemicals react with the moisture in fresh concrete with the by- products of cement hydration to cause a catalytic reaction, which generates a non-soluble crystalline formation throughout the pores and capillary tracts of the concrete. Thus the concrete becomes permanently sealed against the penetration of water or liquids from any direction. The concrete is also protected from deterioration due to harsh environmental conditions.
ECMA ADMIX 204 can be used for the following construction applications.
• Sewage and Water Treatment Plants
• Secondary Containment Structures
• Tunnels and Subway Systems
• Underground Vaults
• Parking Structures
• Swimming Pools and Reservoirs
• Pre-Cast, Cast-in-Place and Shotcrete applications.
Resists extreme hydrostatic pressure from either positive or negative surface of the concrete slab
• Becomes an integral part of the concrete
• Highly resistant to aggressive chemicals
• Can seal hairline cracks up to 0.5 mm.
• Allows concrete to breathe
• Non-toxic and VOC Free
• Less expensive than traditional methods
• Added to the concrete at time of batching and therefore is not subject to climatic restraints
• Reduces construction scheduling time